If you are interested in joining the ever-growing Luxury Yacht industry as an interior crew member, then you are in the right place to begin that journey. With 12 years of industry-based experience, we are proud to offer the internationally recognised IAMI GUEST program certification.
We are the only internationally accredited trainers in South Africa.
New to the Industry
We don’t just offer you training, we offer you the opportunity to learn from industry seasoned professionals, a honest, down to earth and practical experience that extends past just learning how to do the job. And this doesn’t just stop once you have left the course, you will have continued support from the time you leave to look for your first job in the form of our “Trilogy” Whatsapp group where you will be able to communicate with your trainers as well as other students, all part of the Networking that is so important to getting your foot into the Industry.
For the experienced crew who are looking to take their careers to the next level, we offer our experienced Stew courses. With a wealth of shipyard, New build, private and Charter experience this course is the next step for anyone wishing to gain confidence and knowledge. We are working towards getting out accreditation for this course, so watch this space, we aren’t resting on our laurels, so you don’t have to either.
No matter what your goals are we are here to help and will do what we can.
Still Not Sure?
Book a Consultation
Book an hour consultation with Lauren, our director and head trainer, to discuss the industry and get an honest and candidate idea of what to expect,
for only R500 (coffee included)
“The only Internationally Accredited Maritime Hospitality & Service Training and Certification Program available to Crew working in the Luxury Super Yacht sector.”
IAMI GUEST Introduction into yachting
- We cover all the basics and more to fully prepare you for your first job at sea. This includes practical experience at an operational hotel.
- October 21st – 25th
- November 11th – 15th
- December 9th – 13th
2020 Course dates
- January 20th – 24th
- February 17th – 21st
- March 16th – 20th
- April 13th – 17th
- May 18th – 22nd
- June 15th – 19th
- *Extra courses will be added each month on an increased demand basis.
IAMI GUEST Introduction into yachting + STCW 10
- We cover all the basics and more to fully prepare you for your first job at sea. This includes practical experience at an operational 5 star hotel.
- We work with PYT (Professional Yacht Training) as our service provider for the STCW 10. Course dates are worked out to coincide so both courses can be done back to back.
- September 30th – 18th October
- October 28th – 15th November
- 25th November – 13th December
- *Please note that part of this course is conducted at our training partner PYT’s campus in Morningside.
Watch this space, course dates for 2020 coming 1st of October 2019
Experienced Steward/ess course
- This course is for crew looking to improve their skills
- These include:
- Styles of service
- Cigar care and presentation
- Worklists and schedules
- Employing crew and dealing with crew agents
- Advanced special care of fabrics and materials on board
- New Build and Shipyard management
- Management and leadership
- Please enquire with us about course dates.